Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author

17 November 2009

Read It Quickly


 

When I was a little boy growing up in a working class district of south London I thought that rich people only came from the so-called upper classes. 


Then at the end of the war, I read of a virtually uneducated man who made millions of pounds out of scrap metal. At that point I realized that you didn’t have to be ‘posh’ to be rich, but riches might make you posh!

I photographed this gate post outside a house in one of Sydney’s most exclusive semi-rural suburbs: Bayview. It reminded me of that scrap metal dealer; once he’d made his pile he didn’t care a damn about anybody!

© DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co.nz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paypal

Blog Archive

Hits Counter

Blogdash

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Albany, New Zealand

BlogThisHere.com

Blog This Here

Blog Flux

Commentary blogs
Blog Directory

Comments

  • <$BlogCommentAuthor$> // <$BlogCommentDateTime$>

Blurb

RANDOM SAMPLINGS F...
By Don Donovan